POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking for plastic texture and help files : Re: Looking for plastic texture and help files Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for plastic texture and help files
From: Reinhard Rettelbach
Date: 11 Dec 1999 08:38:23
Message: <38525367.9241A990@t-online.de>
Peter Hertel schrieb:

> I'm trying to make some good plastic textures.
> I need one of the kind you find on toothbrushes, disks and so on.
> And one like the texture on a computer.
> The ones I make are far too shiny.
>
> like this one:
> finish {diffuse 0.3 reflection 0.3 specular 0.7} <<---these settings seem to be a
little bit 							too high IMO

Hi Peter,

for a comuter cage you might take a texture, I've used for the body of a
transistor radio modell as a basis. You find it at
http://povobjects.virtualave.net/cgi-bin/objlist.cgi?/electronics/
Perhaps you shoud lower the setting for normal{} and adjust the scaling
of the entire texture for your purpose, depending on your camera
distance, angle of view, lighting, and, and and...

At the same site you also will find an excellent texture for a CD,
written by R.S.Johanson
as well as one for a telephon device.

happy tracing

ReVerSi